Mustang Band Memo
Week 25: March 1-7, 2021
Weekly Sectional Schedule
Week 25 Adjustments
- Honors Band French Horns will have sectional Tuesday, 3/2 from 4:00 - 5:30
Stay in Band!
Small Ensemble Contest Results
- Zachary Musson Flute Trio
- Franco Villaescusa-Feuchter Saxophone Sextet
- Cooper P. Brandy Low Brass Ensemble
- Sarah Rodriguez Clarinet Quartet
- Matthew Beem Clarinet Quintet
- Avery Koziol Flute Quartet
- Mateo Herrera Bassoon Duet
- Claire Ewert Trumpet Quartet
In addition, two ensembles were awarded the Ensemble of Distinction award. This distinction is given to the best ensemble(s) of the entire contest. Those ensembles include:
- Flute Quartet with Isabelle Cybela, Avery Koziol, Diana Orozco and Evelyn Middlebrook
- Trumpet Quartet with Carter Brown, Claire Ewert, Kelvin Cruz-Reyes, and Alexis Bisbey
Bravo to all of the students for their incredible hard work!
Mighty Hawk Band Future Freshman!
Jazz Band Corner
The next jazz band rehearsal is this Friday, March 5th. Rehearsal starts at 4:00 PM and will be over at 5:30 PM.
Rehearsal this Friday is for Jazz 1 ONLY. This is a change from the original schedule.
Here are the remaining Jazz Band rehearsal dates:
3/5 (Jazz 1 Only)
3/19 (Jazz 1 Only)
3/26 (Jazz 1 Only - TCU Festival)
We have info on our first Jazz Festival!
TCU Virtual Jazz Festival
Friday, March 26th (Student Holiday)
Call Time: 1:00 PM
Perform: 2:00 PM (via Zoom)
Dismissal: 3:00 PM
More info will be distributed at Friday's rehearsal!
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Prior directly at email@example.com
Remote, Remote+, and Quarantine Learners (Reminders)
'What should I do if my student is quarantined?'
- Contact your child's band director via email - do not assume we know this information
- Make sure your child has their instrument and band binder, and make arrangements to pick up those items from school if they do not
- Make sure your child logs on to Zoom via the link in Canvas daily and participates in class for the duration of their quarantine
- Students in Honors and Symphonic bands must attend sectionals online via Zoom. The links can be accessed inside the band Canvas page in the 'Zoom Phonebook' link.
- Only consider cleaning or sanitizing the instrument if your child shows symptoms; if so, PLEASE follow the link below for cleaning your child's instrument SAFELY
Need band supplies FAST and EASY? Consider Brook Mays!
This partnership also extends to ALL of our Cain Band families! If you need supplies for your child's instrument, you can easily order those items and have them brought directly to Cain Middle School at no additional cost! The process is easy:
- Place an order before Wednesday at 9AM
- Make sure to mention Cain Middle School
- Items will be delivered to Cain on Wednesday
If you have any questions, you can contact our Brook Mays representative, James Sky-Eagle Smith at (903) 918-2896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the button above for our official list of supplies for each instrument. Contact your child's band director if you have any questions.
Since lessons are virtual, they can start at any time, even before the first day of school! Sign up today before spots run out!
Contact the Mustang Band
Band Hall Hours
- M-F: 7AM - 5:30PM